AEMC 6292 Micro-Ohmmeter with DataView Software - 200A, 120/230V
Measures very low contact resistances with user-selectable test currents from 5 to 200A. Low resistance measurements are required to prevent long term damage to existing equipment and to minimize energy wasted as heat. The AEMC 6292 employs the four-terminal Kelvin bridge measurement method to minimize errors introduced by the test lead resistance and/or contact resistance between the probe and the material being tested, ensuring more accurate results.
Programmable test currents and test duration with data storage and report generation using included application software.
The AEMC Micro-Ohmmeter Model 6292 measures very low contact resistances with programmable test currents and test duration in order to address a wide range of applications. An alpha-numeric LCD display shows resistance readings up to 1Ω with resolution as low as 0.1µΩ, as well as test currents from 5 to 200A. It employs the four-terminal Kelvin measurement method to compensate for errors caused by test leads and their contact resistances.
Resistance is the property of a circuit or element that determines, for a given current, the rate at which electrical energy is converted to heat. Temperature, cycling, fatigue, vibration and corrosion all work to cause the gradual degradation of the resistance value of an electrical device. These conditions then result in excessive heating at the location when the component is carrying the rated current. Abnormally high resistance creates unwanted heating, possibly leading to danger, as well it causes energy losses which increase operating costs.
The 6292 low resistance ohmmeter has application in a wide range of industries and can help identify a number of problems that could lead to apparatus failure. A general list of industries include: power generation and distribution companies, chemical plants, refineries, mines, railroads, telecommunication companies, automotive manufacturers, aircraft manufacturers and anyone with UPS battery back-up systems.
- Programmable test currents from 5 to 200A
- Programmable test duration from 5 to 120 seconds
- Measures resistances from 0.1µΩ to 1Ω
- Low resolution of 0.1µΩ
- Measures objects with both sides grounded (BSG) with optional current
- Cooling system to improve the number of sequential tests that can be performed
- Backlit alphanumeric LCD readout
- Stores up to 8000 test results
- USB communication interface
- Direct printout of measurement results using DataView software and a PC
- Rugged, lightweight and water-resistant case
- Test switchgear contact resistance
- Test circuit breaker contact resistance
- Test air frame bonding
- Test rail bonding
- Test pipeline bonding