AEMC 6501 500V Hand-Crank Megohmmeter
Hand-crank megohmmeters allow for insulation resistance testing on remote field sites when batteries and power aren't readily available. This practical and dependable instrument is designed for a broad range of plant and field service applications, such as acceptance testing and preventive maintenance of wiring, cables, switchgear and motors.
The AEMC 6501 Megohmmeter is a compact, self-contained, hand-cranked True Megohmmeter. The easy hand-cranked operation provides a steady, DC voltage output across the entire range for consistently reliable readings. In addition to insulation resistance testing at 500V, the AEMC 6501 also permits resistance testing to 500kΩ and continuity testing to 100Ω.
A 600V test voltage range is provided to perform safety checks to confirm that the sample is fully discharged and not connected to an energized circuit.
Incorporating a built-in sealed generator and constant DC voltage circuit, the AEMC 6501 megohmmeter provides a very stable resistance reading.
This analog instrument has a unique auto-ranging feature which expands the scale ten times. When the pointer reaches near the end of scale, the auto-ranging feature activates, returning the pointer to the beginning of the scale with the x10 red LED indicator on.
Insulation resistance is indicated with a rugged taut-band meter movement on a logarithmic scale. The indicator scale is large and easy-to-read, and has direct reading on all ranges. An amber LED on the front panel illuminates when the proper crank speed is attained, indicating the presence of the selected output.
The AEMC 6501 includes a complete set of test leads, clips and a test probe to perform any test.
- True Megohmmeter
- Test voltages of 500V
- Insulation measurements to 500MΩ
- LED indicates constant voltage output and proper cranked speed
- Automatic discharge when measurement is finished
- Auto-Ranging dual scale operation for better sensitivity and easier readings
- Compact self-contained package; folded crank
- Large direct reading scale
- Acceptance testing and preventive maintenance
- Test motors, cables, switch-gears and electrical wiring installations
- Continuity checks
- Check domestic and industrial wiring