AEMC 6503 1000V Hand Crank Megohmmeter
Hand-crank megohmmeters allow for insulation resistance testing on remote field sites when batteries and power aren't readily available. This practical and dependable instrument is designed for a broad range of plant and field service applications, such as acceptance testing and preventive maintenance of wiring, cables, switchgear and motors. Measures resistance and continuity.
The AEMC 6503 Megohmmeter is a compact, self-contained, hand-cranked True Megohmmeter. The easy hand-cranked operation provides a steady, DC voltage output across the entire range for consistently reliable readings.
The Model 6503 has three test voltages for insulation resistance testing: 250V, 500V and 1000V. Test voltages are generated in full across the entire measurement range.
Incorporating a built-in sealed generator and constant DC voltage circuit, the AEMC 6503 megohmmeter provides a very stable resistance reading.
This analog instrument has a unique auto-ranging feature which expands the scale ten times. When the pointer reaches near the end of scale, the auto-ranging feature activates, returning the pointer to the beginning of the scale with the x10 green LED indicator on.
Insulation resistance is indicated with a rugged taut-band meter movement on a logarithmic scale. The indicator scale is large and easy-to-read, and has direct reading on all ranges. An amber LED on the front panel illuminates when the proper crank speed is attained, indicating the presence of the selected output.
- True Megohmmeter
- Test voltages of 500V
- Insulation measurements to 500MΩ
- LED indicates constant voltage output and proper cranked speed
- Automatic discharge when measurement is finished
- Auto-Ranging dual scale operation for better sensitivity and easier readings
- Compact self-contained package; folded crank
- Large direct reading scale
- Acceptance testing and preventive maintenance
- Test motors, cables, switch-gears and electrical wiring installations
- Continuity checks
- Check domestic and industrial wiring