- Voltage: 9-32 VDC
- Current (normal / alarm): 15mA / 35mA @ 9-32V
- Size: 3-1/8 X 5-1/8 X 1-3/4 inch (7.94 x 13.02 x 4.45 cm)
- Alarm Relay: SPST, 100mA, 40VDC
- Trouble Relay: SPST, 100mA, 40VDC
- Buzzer Rating: 85 dBA at 10 Feet
- Shipping Weight: One pound
- Operating Temp. Range: 40°F (4.4°C) to 100°F (37.8°C)
- Alarm Setting: Per UL 2034
- Color: White
- Designed for use with a UL Listed Fire Alarm/Burglary Control Panel
With the CM-E1 faceplate mounted on the enclosure's rear-housing the unit can be surface mounted on a wall. A thin mid-plate enclosure component is also supplied with the CM-E1 to mount the CM-E1 on a 2 x 4 inch (5.08cm x 10.16 cm) switch box - single-gang or "handy", provided by the installer.
There are two usual sources of CO - defective heat sources (furnaces or wood burning stoves) and automobiles running in adjoining garages. The CM-E1 can detect CO from these sources, as well as any other sources of CO. For best operation, mount a CM-E1 in the hallway near each bedroom or office area. In addition, another CM-E1 may be mounted just inside the door from the adjoining garage. Consider placing another detector in a bedroom or office that is adjacent to a furnace room. The detector may be installed on either a ceiling or a wall. If installed on a peaked, gabled, or sloped ceiling, it should be located about 3 feet (1 meter) from the highest point. The unit can be placed vertically or horizontally on a wall, so the information on the front of the CM-E1 can be read in a normal manner (not upside down). Do NOT mount the CM-E1 in a corner. Use the same spacing as for smoke detectors - 30 foot (9 meters) centers, 900 sq. feet (84 sq. meters) per detector.