Cirrus CWI200 Wind Indicator
Thousands of puffs per cartridge
Cirrus has changed the wind detection market for the first time in decades. The patent pending design allows the user to puff a vapor-like cloud into the air and detect the slightest wind or thermal currents. The benefit is thousands of puffs per cartridge, USB rechargeable, lightweight and minimal user movement. Changes for the 2018 model include red and white LEDs to see wind and thermals in total darkness and a built-in portable charging bank.
The Cirrus Wind Indicator is great for checking wall penetrations in Building Performance applications. (eg chases, outlet and switch boxes, windows, etc.) It generates as much smoke as its competitors but is more convenient and leak free, no need for burning "smoke sticks" either. It does not produce enough smoke to fill a room or building like a theatrical smoke generator, but for tracing air patterns close to surfaces/penetrations, it works great.
- Is the vapor dangerous?
- No. It is Non Hazardous. It is not intended for human consumption and should be used as directed on the package. The Safety Data Sheet (SDS) for the fog juice is available on the resources tab. Fog juice is made of Glycerin and Propylene Glycol.
- How long does a cartridge last?
- We have tested the cartridges and had as many as 1400 full puffs. This varies on use and pressure applied to bellows.
- How long does the battery last?
- The battery will last over 100 hours on a single charge. Charge can vary due to LED and Power Bank Usage.
- Does it shut off?
- The Cirrus Wind Indicator has a power button that must be held down while simultaneously pressing the bellows. This prevents overheating or prolonged battery use. If the button is held down too long, purposely or accidentally the Cirrus Wind Indicator is designed to shut off internally preventing overheating or damage.
- Is the Cirrus Wind Indicator durable?
- The housing of the Cirrus Wind Indicator is made of heavy plastic. It is very durable and should be used as directed.
- Does the vapor smell?
- Our natural cloud formula is 100% organic and designed to have little odor. Any time you burn something or use the process we do, it will have a slight smell to it.