Duct and Envelope Tightness Verification for Code Compliance
Confused by the new energy codes and how they impact your work?
The new codes have resulted in more and more municipalities looking for trained professionals with credentials to be Duct and Envelope Tightness Verifiers.
This online training product will help you sort out the details and acquire your credentials, on line at your own pace!
APPROVED FOR 2.0 BPI CEUs
We have seen 29 states (at last count) pass requirements for Duct testing in order to align with the 2009 or 2012 IECC (International Energy Conservation Code).
One of the requirements of Section 403.2.2 of the code is that all duct systems outside of conditioned space must be pressure tested and verified for proper air sealing. These code updates remove the visual inspection option. On top of that the 2012 IECC requires blower door testing (Building Envelope Testing).
Suited for all professionals: HVAC and Building Performance and Builders - this online training course prepares you to:
- Meet ENERGY STAR Version 3 duct testing and building envelope requirements
- Meet the 2012 IECC code requirements for building envelope testing
- Meet the 2009 IECC code requirements for duct testing
- Offer duct testing to local builders and HVAC contractors
- Minimize costly callbacks
- Improve comfort and safety and increase system efficiency for your clients
What Is Covered In The Course?
- Duct testing standards methods
- Building envelope testing standards methods
- Pluses and minuses of a variety of duct testing methods
- Detailed video review of The Energy Conservatory (TEC) and Retrotec products
- Step by step guide to code form calculations
- Guide to locating duct leaks
- Relationship of new code requirements (duct testing and envelope) to ENERGY STAR Version 3
How It Works?
Developed by a leading authority in training, Home Energy Partners online, on-demand training is ready for you on your schedule.
The training may be completed at your own pace, and during the time of day that works best for you. All you need is a reliable internet connection!
Questions come up during the class? Ask the experts in the user forums. HEP's commitment is to answer within 24 hours. You are also able to interact with other students by responding to questions and offering tips from your experience.
All videos and presentations are developed and presented by our Home Energy Partners (HEP) Building Science experts who bring forth years of industry experience and knowledge. For maximum comprehension you are entitled to watch the videos as frequently and as many times as you desire.
Quizzes and Testing
Quizzes occur after you complete each module to help reinforce the key concepts of each section.
We have found the training modules and quizzes well prepare the students for the comprehensive test at the end of the course.
This test checks your knowledge of what is required to be a DET Verifier, specifically in the areas of building science, testing preparation, protocols, and calculations. You must successfully complete this test in order to obtain your certification.
Ok, I still need training wheels for a bit!
Purchase of this course grants you unlimited access to detailed how-to video series for both The Energy Conservatory and Retrotec blower door and duct testing equipment.
Whenever you need a quick refresher, you'll have all of the info at the click of a mouse!
Students also receive unlimited online forum support, where you can find answers to real world questions.