TEC Minneapolis Duct Blaster System - No Gauge
Remember to Call for Best Pricing
The development of the Minneapolis Duct Blaster revolutionized performance testing of forced air distribution systems for builders, HVAC contractors, and utility DSM programs. The Minneapolis Duct Blaster® is a calibrated air flow measurement system designed to test and document the airtightness of forced air duct systems in both houses and light commercial buildings. The Duct Blaster fan is connected directly to the duct system in a house, typically at a central return, or at the air handler cabinet. With the remaining registers and grilles temporarily taped off, duct airtightness is measured by either pressurizing or depressurizing the duct system and precisely measuring the fan flow and duct pressure.
Duct airtightness measurements are used to diagnose and demonstrate leakage problems, estimate efficiency losses from duct leakage, and certify compliance with duct leakage standards such as California's Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
Minneapolis Duct Blaster
- The lightweight Duct Blaster fan weighs just 7 pounds, but delivers enough air flow (an amazing 1,500 CFM) to test the leakiest duct systems.
- Quick and accurate airtightness measurements from 20 - 1,500 CFM.
- Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing.
- The Duct Blaster can be easily used in new construction applications where a Blower Door can't be used (e.g. before sheet rock is installed).
- The Duct Blaster can also be used as a powered flow hood to accurately measure air flows through the air handler fan, registers and grilles, and exhaust fans.
- Variable fan speed control (solid state).
- Padded nylon carrying case with shoulder strap.
TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 helps you sell profitable duct testing and repair services by quickly analyzing duct airtightness test results. TECBLAST's user friendly entry screens and choice of professional looking reports makes it simple and fast to document and present test results to your customers. TECBLAST is designed specifically for use with the Minneapolis Duct Blaster® system. For those with laptop computers, this useful program can be brought right to the jobsite.
- Designed specifically for use with Minneapolis Duct Blaster® systems.
- Easy entry of all test settings and building information.
- Calculation and display of duct airtightness test results including leakage rate in CFM, leakage area in square inches, leakage as a percent of system airflow, and estimated annual system efficiency loss from the measured duct leakage rate.
- Choice of report formats including a simple easy-to-read homeowner report, or a detailed technical report.
- TECBLAST lets you print your company logo directly on the reports. Uses either BMP or EMF files.
- Program Help screens make TECBLAST extremely user friendly.
- Compatible with all Windows computers.
The 30 Day Demo version of TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 is provided here in a self-extracting file format. Download the file to a folder of your choice and run it. The program will self-extract and prompt you through the installation process. TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 Demo is a 32 bit program that is compatible with all Windows computers. If you would like to receive a FREE unlock code for unlimited use, please call The Energy Conservatory: (612) 827-1117.
Approved by the California Energy Commission (CEC) for use in as an Airflow Measurement Device for HVAC Forced Air Systems per the 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24, Part6) Section 100.0(h) and Reference Residential Appendices Section RA3.3.
Click Here for details.