Overview The Defender CD8180 is a professional quality, sealed lithium battery powered commercial carbon monoxide detector with an alpha-numeric digital display. Monitor current and peak CO levels as low as 9 ppm, and peak duration. The two lithium batteries are non-removable, and warranted to power the detector for 10 years. Quick, easy and secure mounting system. Complies with OSHA PEL and NFPA 720. UL Listed to ANSI/UL 2075.
The Health Risks of Low CO Exposure Both short-term exposures to high concentrations of CO and repeated long-term exposures to lower concentrations of CO (under 30 ppm) can result in serious health effects. Those at high risk include older adults, pregnant women, young children, and persons with medical conditions.
Protect Your Workers Health and Safety The risks associated with CO exposure increase with time. With one touch of a button, the Defender CD8180 enables you to monitor the current CO level as low as 9 PPM, highest CO level from 9-999 PPM, and duration of the highest CO level detected.
Non-Removable Lifetime Batteries Defender's two 10-year lithium batteries are factory preinstalled, sealed with soldered connections, and non-removable.
Secure Installation The Defender CD8180 is secured with a screw through the detector into its mounting plate to help deter unwanted removal.
Five Year Warranty Defender warranties the detector, sensor and batteries for five years. A sensor expiration signal is automatically initiated five years after detector activation.
Complies with OSHA PEL The U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has jurisdiction over all private sector workplaces, and the permissible exposure limit (PEL) for CO is 50 ppm over an 8 hour time weighted average (TWA). The Defender CD8180 is programmed to automatically activate audible and visual alarm signals at or below 50 ppm when detected for 2-6 hours TWA.
Underwriters Laboratories Tested and Listed The Defender CD8180 Commercial CO Detector is Underwriters Laboratories tested and listed to the latest ANSI/UL 2075 standard, and complies with NFPA 720 and UL 2034 sensitivity limits.
- Sealed Lithium Battery Powered Commercial CO Detector
- Two Non-Removable Lithium Batteries with Soldered Connections
- Automatic and Manual Battery Activation
- Accurate and Reliable Water-Based Electrochemical Sensor
- Integrated Filter for Removing Nuisance Gases
- Samples for Carbon Monoxide (CO) Every 10 Seconds
- Easy-to-Read Alpha-Numeric Digital LCD Display
- One-Touch Readout of Current CO Level Detected from 9 PPM to 999 PPM
- Automatically Displays Current CO Level Detected from 30 PPM to 999 PPM
- Memory Displays Peak CO Level Detected from 9 PPM to 999 PPM
- Memory Displays Duration of Peak CO Level from 1 to 999 Minutes
- Separate Display and Test Buttons
- Separate Alarm, Power and Service LED’s
- Audible and Visual Alarm Signals
- Instant Test/Reset/Mute Feature
- Internal Microprocessor Monitors Sensor Function
- Auto. Alert when Alarm Reaches End of its Life
- Operating Temperature and Humidity: 40°F to 100°F at 10% to 95% RH
- Durable Flame Retardant ABS Construction
- Five Year Factory Warranty for Detector and Batteries
- Manufactured in Canada
- Two Factory Sealed 10-Year Lithium Batteries are Non-Removable
- Automatic Battery Activation when Alarm is Attached to Mounting Plate
- Integral Restraint Secures Alarm with Phillips Screw through Alarm Body into Mounting Plate
Testing and Standards
- 100% Tested: Every Defender CD8180 is 100% tested at four different levels of carbon monoxide during production.
- UL Listed: Underwriters Laboratories Tested and Listed to latest ANSI/UL 2075 Standard. See UL File No. FTAM.E495778.
- Complies with OSHA Permissible Exposure Limit (PEL): The Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has jurisdiction over all private sector workplaces. The OSHA PEL for carbon monoxide in the workplace is 50 ppm over an 8 hour time weighted average (TWA).
- Complies with UL 2034 Sensitivity Limits: The UL 2034 Standard for Residential Single and Multiple Station Carbon Monoxide (CO) Alarms requires an alarm signal at or below 70 PPM within 60-240 minutes TWA, and does not permit an alarm signal below 30 ppm for 30 days.
- NFPA Compliant: Complies with NFPA 720-2015 Standard for the Installation of Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detection and Warning Equipment.
The Defender CD8180 is not designed for use in vehicles or unconditioned spaces, and does not comply with ACGIH, Cal/OSHA or NIOSH, which recommend lower exposure limits than OSHA. Consult with your local authority about the exposure limits permitted for your workplace.