Kele FXP-6 Differential Pressure Air Velocity Sensor
The Kele FXP Series probe is a differential air pressure sensor designed to measure air velocities in HVAC ductwork. It uses multiple sensing points to measure total and static pressures and incorporates a unique design to amplify the differential pressure by approximately 2.5 times for accurate measurement of air velocities down to 200 fpm. It is easy to install and cost effective.
- Ideal for RESNET airflow testing
- Simple installation, requires 1" dia hole
- Rugged, extruded aluminum construction
- Double taps allow field check connections
- Three-to-one ratio pressure signals
- Adaptable to round, square, or oval ducts
- 1/4" barbs for 3/8" OD tubing
- One year warranty
- Check that the FXP probe size corresponds with the diameter of duct where you are testing.
- The FXP probe is mounted in the duct by drilling a 1" diameter hole.
- Check that the air flow direction in the duct corresponds with the arrow on the FXP probe.
- For round ducts, install the FXP probe diagonally in the duct for best results. This equalizes both horizontal and vertical irregular air approach.
- Be sure you are measuring in a smooth, straight, round duct, (eg NOT spiral)
- Measure at least 2 duct diameters away from the start of the straight section
- Use the correct equation and probe specific Kv factor, you CANNOT use a Pitot Tube equation
- While measuring make a good tight seal between the probe and the duct
- Tightly seal the hole you made after measurement is complete
Requires use of special look up table to get airflow results. Excel calculator can be found here!