- Size: 3-1/8 X 5-1/8 X 1-3/4 inch (7.94 x 13.02 x 4.45 cm)
- Alarm Relay: SPST, 100mA, 40VDC
- Trouble Relay: SPST, 100mA, 40VDC
- Buzzer Rating: 85 dBA at 10 Feet
- Shipping Weight: 0.54 pound
- Operating Temp. Range: 40°F (4.4°C) to 100°F (37.8°C)
- Alarm Setting: 25% LEL Per UL 1484
- For use with a UL Listed Fire Alarm/Burglary Control Panel
- Sensor Maintenance: not required
- Voltage: 9-32 VDC 12-24 VAC
- Current Max (non-alarm): 53 mA @ 9 VDC, 15 mA @ 32 VDC, 64 mA @ 12 VAC, 40 mA @ 24 VAC
- Current Max (in alarm): 79 mA @ 9 VDC, 21 mA @ 32 VDC, 83 mA @ 12 VAC, 52 mA @ 24 VAC
With the GD-2B faceplate mounted on the enclosure's rear-housing the unit can be surface mounted on a wall. A thin mid-plate enclosure component is also supplied with the GD-2B to mount the GD-2B on a 2 x 4 inch (5.08cm x 10.16 cm) switch box - single-gang or "handy", provided by the installer.
A GD-2B is usually located in each room (except kitchens or bathrooms) where there are gas appliances or through which gas pipes pass. Do NOT mount the GD-2B in a corner. Do NOT mount the GD-2B in kitchens or bathrooms - alcohol’s, ammonia, cleaning solvents, paint thinner, gasoline vapors, and aerosol propellants (aerosol cans such as hair spray usually contain a combustible gas) may cause alarms. Do NOT mount the GD-2B where the normal ambient temperature is below 32° F (0° C) or exceeds 120° F (50° C). If the gas used is natural gas (methane) mount the GD-2B on a wall about one foot down from the ceiling. If the gas used is propane (LP), mount the GD-2B on a wall or column one foot above the floor. Use the same spacing as for smoke detectors 30-foot centers, 900 square feet per detector.