103 HVACR Basic Sheet Metal
This course is designed to assist HVAC Technicians and others involved in the HVAC industry with a basic understanding of sheet metal. Sheet metal work is essential to HVAC work. An HVAC tech doing a furnace change out, for instance, will need to fit the new furnace to the plenum which may involve designing or building an adapter. The idea of taking a flat piece of metal and forming it into something useful, functional or decorative can be one of the most fascinating aspects of HVAC work. Instruction aligns with ANSI/ACCA Quality Installation & Maintenance Standards. This course is NATE recognized for 18 hours of continuing education (CEHs) which are applicable to NATE re-certification, and BPI recognized for 9 continuing education units (CEUs). The main topics for the course are:
- Types of Sheet Metal and Their Uses
- Assembling, Connecting, and Fastening Sheet Metal Components
- Sheet Metal Tools and Their Uses
- Sealing, Insulating and Lining Sheet Metal Ductwork
- Specifications, Symbols, and Codes
- Introduction to Sheet Metal Duct Layout and Fabrication
- Methods of Layout and Development
Each course purchase allows 60 days enrollment to complete. Must obtain a 75% or higher to obtain CEU recognition. Course provides you with a Subject Matter Expert (mentor) to assist with questions and all course materials for the duration of the course.
Please allow up to 3 business days for access to digital content.