135 HVACR Heat Pumps
Estimated Length: 21 hour(s)
Due: 60 day(s) from enrollment date.
The course covers the components and operational differences of a heat pump vs. a straight air conditioning system, troubleshooting, and solutions. Instruction aligns with ANSI/ACCA Quality Installation and ANSI/ ACCA/ ASHRAE Standard 180. This course is recognized for 21 hours of continuing education (CEHs) applicable to NATE recertification.
A strong working knowledge of basic HVAC fundamentals before enrollment into this advanced course.
Compton, Chris ([email protected])
Oakley, Scott admin (soakley)
- What is a Heat Pump?
- Heat Pump Installation and Quality Criteria
- The Heat Pump Cooling Mode
- The Heat Pump Heating Mode
- The Heat Pump Defrost Mode
- Heat Pump Components
- Heat Pump Troubleshooting
Expected Course Outcomes:
- Identify the components specific to the heat pump
- Identify the refrigerant flow changes in the heating and cooling modes
- Identify the changes in the heat pump during the defrost cycle
- Identify elements specific to troubleshooting the heat pump
- 135-1 What is a Heat Pump?
- 135-1 Terms Definition Exercise
- 135-1 Module Exam
- 135-2 Heat Pump Installation and Quality Criteria
- 135-2 Terms Definition Exercise
- 135-2 Module Exam
- 135-3 The Heat Pump Cooling
- 135-3 Terms Definition Exercise
- 135-3 Module Exam
- 135-4 The Heat Pump Heating
- 135-4 Terms Definition Exercise
- 135-4 Module Exam
- 135-5 The Heat Pump Defrost
- 135-5 Terms Definition Exercise
- 135-5 Module Exam
- 135-6 Heat Pump Components
- 135-6 Terms Definition Exercise
- 135-6 Module Exam
- 135-7 Heat Pump Troubleshooting
- 135-7 Terms Definition Exercise
- 135-7 Module Exam
- 135 Final Exam