NAVAC Rapid Evacuation Kit - 6CFM
Vacuum Pump, 6 CFM, DC Inverter, Intelligent Control, Built-in Micron Gauge
Brushless DC-driven 6 CFM Vacuum Pump Weighting only 25.4 lbs.
- Industry first Brushless DC inverter-driven vacuum pump provides high-efficiency and one of the lightest vacuum pumps in its class. It saves energy and makes it easy to carry. Despite of its light weight, this vacuum pump is nonetheless powerful with twin-cylinder ensuring best-in-class ultimate vacuum at 15 Microns.
Digital Control Interface with Built-in Micron gauge
- Featuring a digital control interface, the unit offers unsurpassed intuitiveness with features such as task reminder, extended evacuation for improved vacuum, and precision vacuum measurement down to micron levels with LCD digital display.
Built-in Solenoid Valve
- The automatic solenoid valve prevents oil back and reduces vacuum decay during a power outage or accidental shut off. It’s particularly useful when an extended evacuation is needed for deep vacuum or large HVAC systems with long pipe lines, so that whatever vacuum level achieved before the power outage would be largely preserved.
This product comes with other features and benefits, such as large oil tank at 20 oz capacity extending usage time between the oil changes, Recessed power switch protecting it from tripping and rain, and gas ballast for evacuating systems with high moisture content.
It comes with ¼”, 3/8” and ½” inlet ports.
If you read nothing else but this......
A proper and quick evacuation requires the right hoses, connectors, assembly lube, core tools and a quality micron gauge. The problem is none of these components are available in a single kit from a single manufacturer until now. We went back to the basics, if you cannot buy it build it, so that is exactly what we did. The TTT evacuation rig contains all of he hard to find components required to evacuate systems in record times plus specialty plugs and fittings to keep things clean and easily adapt them to any vacuum pump.
How do you make a great evacuation rig?
- Eliminate as many fittings as possible.
- Pull vacuum cores during evacuation
- Use large diameter hoses for evacuation and evacuate from both sides of the system
- Make sure all components are vacuum rated, tight and properly assembled.
- Have provisions to isolate the evacuation rig for pressure rise testing.
- Keep everything clean dry and tight.
NEVER evacuate through a charging manifold! Even if it has a 3/8" evacuation port! One of the poorest practices you can have when evacuating is pulling through a charging manifold, second only to using 1/4" hoses. Put them together and you are adding hours to your job every day. Manifolds and hoses leak. Not only do they leak, they create unneeded restrictions and offer no valve to the evacuation process. In case you are wondering, having a micron gauge in the manifold is just plan a bad idea.
Does "vacuum rated" make a difference?
Absolutely! When evacuating a system, leaks are the enemy. Even the smallest leak in a refrigeration system or the evacuation rig can cause hours of frustration. Every try to suck soda through a cracked straw? Why does the soda not come out of the cup? Simple, the vacuum will break and pull in air where ever there is a leak. If that leak is in your core tools, hoses or manifold you can bet for sure you are not pulling the air and moisture from the system.The core tools and all of the hoses in this kit are vacuum rated and vacuum certified down to 20 microns!
What are the components used for?
- Core Tools: Valve cores create a very large restriction when present in a refrigeration system to proper evacuation. Removal of the valve cores significantly decreases the time required for evacuation. Appion core tools are vacuum rated at 20 microns and have a side access port for installation of the micron gauge.
- BluVac Micron Gauge, fast and accurate.
- MegaFlow Hoses: Appion 1/2" diameter vacuum rated hoses are low gas permeability and very flexible. We found the 6' length was a good compromise between convenience and speed.
- Nylog for a leak free assembly
- Brass vacuum gauge adapter to isolate all hoses from the system during pressure testing
- Plugs and Caps to protect o-rings and seals from dirt and other contamination