Sensit HXG-2DR Rechargeable Digital Gas Leak Detector
Recognized by The Building Performance Institute, Inc. (BPI) to meet or exceed industry standards
The lowest cost answer if you need to be BPI 1200 and/or RESNET compliant!
IDEAL FOR USE IN NY STATE (EMPOWER) PROGRAMS
The first affordable gas leak detector with TRUE digital display!
After you tell your customers/clients you have detected a gas leak with a TICK type leak detector, many may ask: "Well, how much of a leak?"
Now the HGX-2d allows you to be specific!
With the innovative ZTR-Zero Threshold Reset - you can look at the gas level above the level created by pipe dope or some soap solutions, to tell you the TRUE LEAK!
The SENSIT HXG-2d pinpoints leaks quickly with its true digital display and electronic tick control. Ideal for natural, butane and propane gas leaks. The SENSIT HXG-2d is safe, durable and reliable.
- Direct PPM readout
- Direct "LEL" percent readout
- Electronic tick rate control to pinpoint leaks
The SENSIT HXG-2D Covers the requirement of ANSI/BPI-1200-S-2015 (BPI 1200) Standard
(excerpt fromMay 18, 2015 Edition)
7.1.1 Combustible gas detector (CGD) CGD equipment used for testing shall:
184.108.40.206 Be classified to UL 913 Intrinsically Safe Apparatus and Associated Apparatus for Use in Class I, II, and III, Division 1, Hazardous (Classified) Locations or equivalent.
220.127.116.11 Have a variable tick rate or changing tone based on gas concentration levels. Note: The tick rate provides the indication of concentration but only accounts for relative concentration changes, not necessarily identifying hazardous concentration thresholds.
18.104.22.168 Be capable of providing a digital display of percentage of Lower Explosive Limit (LEL) and/or provide an alarm when detecting combustible gas concentrations exceeding 10% Lower Explosive Limit (LEL).
22.214.171.124 Be calibrated and/or operation checked in accordance with the manufacturer’s recommendations with available documentation traceable to the individual device.
126.96.36.199 Have the ability to zero ambient conditions.
Proposed Amendment to RESNET STANDARD:
Excerpt from Revisions to Chapter 8 Sections 806-808
806.1 Equipment needed Combustible gas detector
- Must be intrinsically safe. It is essential that the instrument being used to detect gas leaks will not cause a spark.
- Must have an adjustable tick rate. The tick rate provides the indication of concentration.
- Gas leak detectors are prone to false positive signals from humidity and it is essential to have the ability to zero ambient conditions to trace the location of a leak.
- Must provide an alarm when detecting the LEL exceeds 10%.
- Must be calibrated in accordance with the manufacturers recommendations, or at least annually, whichever is the greater frequency.
- Must be labeled with a calibration sticker, noting at a minimum the date of last calibration