The Fieldpiece SMAN460 Performance Test Kit
(This is a kit with 3 products, if you would like the SMAN 460 alone click here!)
The Fieldpiece SMANK3 is a TruTech Tools exclusive kit at a special price designed for the contractor that wants to take performance and service to the next level. With an awesome suite of tools that address issues of airflow, refrigerant charge and system performance the SMAN460 kit will not only make your job easier, but it will go faster and provide you with results that are hard to emulate with even the most complex and expensive instruments available.
The goal is to deliver designed capacity, superior comfort and to reduce if not completely eliminate all call backs. Several studies have confirmed that over 70% of A/C systems have charge and airflow problems, meaning that you or or technicians will be able to identify and correct issues on the majority of systems you service resulting on more billable hours and increased profits. The key is knowing, and if you don't measure you really don't know.
The SMAN460 Kit Includes:
- Fieldpiece SMAN460 Digital Refrigeration Gauge for accurate and quick refrigerant charging
- Fieldpiece STA2 Hot Wire Anemometer for precise temperature compensated airflow measurements directly in CFM
- Fieldpiece SDP2 Dual In-Duct Psychrometer for accurate return air wet bulb for charging and direct change in enthalpy for determining capacity
Fieldpiece SMAN460 Wireless Digital Manifold with Micron Gauge and Clamps
Right on Target with Live Measurements
- Wireless Advantage
- Micron Alarms and Stopwatch
- 4 Ports for One Time Hook-Up
- Display Designed for HVACR
- Reliable Regardless of Elevation
The Fieldpiece SMAN460 is a 4-port, wireless digital manifold with a large 3/8" port for faster evacuations and recovery. With four ports and a built-in vacuum gauge, HVACR professionals can now evacuate a system, pull a vacuum, add refrigerant and dial in the charge at one time, without having to hook and unhook any hoses.
It can also wirelessly send six measurements (indoor wet bulb, outdoor dry bulb, suction line temperature, suction line pressure, liquid line temperature, and liquid line pressure) to the Fieldpiece HVAC Guide System Analyzer, model HG3. The HG3 then combines the SMAN460 wireless measurements with wireless airflow measurements for full system analysis.
The manifold can both send and receive wireless measurements so HVACR professionals get a live view of the system and how it's operating. Measurements are updated in real-time while conditions are changing, and while adjustments are being made. So technicians know their work is the most accurate it can be.
Fieldpiece STA-2 Hot Wire Anemometer
The Fieldpiece STA2 is a temperature compensated hot-wire anemometer designed for residential and light commercial airflow testing, balancing, and system commissioning. The easy to use STA-2 has a 38" telescoping probe with a flattened side to provide an easy reference of probe position relative to the airflow. Featuring both point and timed average measurement methods along with the ability to input area to directly calculate CFM, the Fieldpiece STA-2 is easy to use and quick. Perfect for setting initial airflow and verifying correct airflow when servicing, the STA2 will be your go to tool to make sure the airflow is correct and the system is operating at its peak capacity.
Features and Benefits
This in duct hot-wire anemometer quickly calculates CFM from air velocity and free area. And with the intuitive interface, the STA2 makes it easy to capture the correct data.
- Measures air velocity and temperature
- Calculates CFM
- Slim 38" telescoping probe for in duct traversing
- Fast response time
- Dual display for combo of real-time CFM, air velocity, or temp
- Depth and direction indicators
- Minimizes turbulence effect with time/test point averages
- Hands-free testing with stabilizing cone and magnetic hanger
Competitive Advantages of a hot wire anemometer
The newest addition to the family of test tools HVACR professionals trust to do more, the STA2 In-Duct Hot Wire Anemometer is a great alternative to costly bulky hoods. With ease, techs can input free area, and the STA2 automatically averages multiple test points and continually calculates and displays CFM.
Fieldpiece SDP2 Dual In-Duct Psychrometer
Very cool and interesting, the Fieldpiece SDP2 is the first psychrometer designed for HVAC/R work that can display and show a change in enthalpy. Coupled with an accurate airflow instrument like the Fieldpiece STA2, field capacity in BTUh and even field EER can easily be calculated. The SDP2 uses capacitive electric humidity sensors and thermistor technology to accurately determine all of the psychrometric readings assuring a high level of accuracy and repeatability during the process.
The SDP2 Dual In-Duct Psychrometer is more than just your everyday HVACR psychrometer. It gives HVACR professionals more insight into HVAC evaporator performance than any other psychrometer, because it takes four evaporator measurements at one time: supply wet bulb, supply dry bulb, return wet bulb, and return dry bulb.
HVACR professionals get a live, real-time snap shot of the evaporator performance, even while conditions are changing. Based on these live, dynamic readings, the SDP2 Dual In-Duct Psychrometer registers system changes as they happen, and automatically calculates actual Delta-T, Target Delta-T, actual Evaporator Exit Temperature, and Target Evaporator Exit Temperature. Plus enthalpy (BTU/LBM) and Dew Point can be displayed in real-time.
* The SDP2 is a great tool to help HVACR professionals do more all by itself. But couple it with the HG3 System Analyzer and/or the SMAN4 Digital Manifold, and your work improves dramatically in an instant. Not only are you checking and servicing a unit based on live real-time measurements, but the wireless communication lets you be in two or more places at one time!
- Sends live indoor wet bulb readings to the SMAN4 Digital Manifold while charging at the condenser
- Real-time Target Evaporator Exit Temperature and Target Delta T
- Displays actual indoor unit performance, AND calculates how indoor unit should be performing
- Shows enthalpy change across the evaporator -- in real-time
- Wirelessly sends all 4 evaporator temperatures to the HG3 System Analyzer for full system diagnostics
- Hands-free testing
- Bright backlight
- Threaded probe locks
- Ruled, 38" telescoping probes
- Magnetic hanger
- Rugged design
- Dual display