Minneapolis Duct Blaster® System with DG-1000
Need to test your ducts for leakage? Use the original Minneapolis Duct Blaster for quick easy and accurate results. Performance testing of HVAC duct systems is now required across a large part of the country as duct leakage accounts for significant energy losses, comfort and IAQ problems. Identify and quantify these problems quickly and easily by connecting the Minneapolis Duct Blaster to a central return or the air handler cabinet, tape off or cover the remaining register or grills and use the Duct Blaster to measure leakage or air tightness by either pressurizing or depressurizing the entire duct system. Airflow through the fan is measured by pressure drop with a high accuracy DG1000 manometer.
Duct air-tightness measurements are used to diagnose and demonstrate leakage problems, estimate efficiency losses from duct leakage, and certify compliance with duct leakage standards such as California's Title 24 Building Energy Efficiency Standards.
Minneapolis Duct Blaster
- The lightweight Duct Blaster fan weighs just 7 pounds, but delivers enough air flow (an amazing 1,500 CFM) to test the leakiest duct systems.
- Quick and accurate air-tightness measurements from 20 - 1,500 CFM.
- Compatible for both pressurization and depressurization testing.
- The Duct Blaster can be easily used in new construction applications where a Blower Door can't be used (e.g. before sheet rock is installed).
- The Duct Blaster can also be used as a powered flow hood to accurately measure air flows through the air handler fan, registers and grilles, and exhaust fans.
- Includes DG1000, high accuracy digital manometer and necessary hoses to connect system
- Variable fan speed control (solid state).
- Padded nylon carrying case with shoulder strap.
- 2 Year Manufacturer's Warranty.
TECBLAST Ver. 1.2
- Designed specifically for use with Minneapolis Duct Blaster systems.
- Easy entry of all test settings and building information.
- Calculation and display of duct airtightness test results including leakage rate in CFM, leakage area in square inches, leakage as a percent of system airflow, and estimated annual system efficiency loss from the measured duct leakage rate.
- Choice of report formats including a simple easy-to-read homeowner report, or a detailed technical report.
- TECBLAST lets you print your company logo directly on the reports. Uses either BMP or EMF files.
- Program Help screens make TECBLAST extremely user friendly.
- Compatible with all Windows computers.
TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 helps you sell profitable duct testing and repair services by quickly analyzing duct airtightness test results. TECBLAST's user friendly entry screens and choice of professional looking reports makes it simple and fast to document and present test results to your customers. TECBLAST is designed specifically for use with the Minneapolis Duct Blaster system. For those with laptop computers, this useful program can be brought right to the jobsite.
The 30 Day Demo version of TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 is provided here in a self-extracting file format. Download the file to a folder of your choice and run it. The program will self-extract and prompt you through the installation process. TECBLAST Ver. 1.2 Demo is a 32 bit program that is compatible with all Windows computers.
Approved by the California Energy Commission (CEC) for use in as an Airflow Measurement Device for HVAC Forced Air Systems per the 2016 Building Energy Efficiency Standards (Title 24, Part6) Section 100.0(h) and Reference Residential Appendices Section RA3.3. Click Here for details.