WS-1 DiversiTech Wet Switch Flood Detector
A solid state control designed to help prevent flooding, damage to carpets, walls, furniture, ceilings, etc. Now has a built-in test and reset button for easier installation. Turns system off when detecting moisture due to condensate or drain leaks. One or two drops will cause Wet Switch to turn off a unit, alerting a serviceman to a moisture problem. A lit LED indicates the Wet Switch is activated and has turned the unit off. Reset simply by drying the absorbent pad with a paper towel and pressing the reset switch. Connects to 24 VAC. More than one unit may be connected to a system. 2 amp contact rating. Simple 5 wire installation.
- Integral Feet
- Integral feet raise the hydrophilic pad and sensor array off the drain pan slightly to prevent nuisance tripping and pan corrosion (metal pans only) from interfering with the sensor array.
- Hydrophilic Pad
- A high tech polymeric fiber quickly draws water into the sensor array using proven capillary technology.
- Multiple Unit Connectivity
- Multiple unit connectivity allows for multiple Wet Switches to be connected in series to adequately cover large drain pan areas.
- Standard 24AC Control
- Power supply to the Wet Switch is 24VAC, the standard power available on most air handler units. This makes hookup quick and easy. There is no need to run different power to the switch.
- Double Throw Relay
- The double throw relay allows for wiring to interrupt the system and to sound an alarm (by others) when moisture is detected.
- Push to Reset
- When the Wet Switch activates, it locks out the call for cool circuit on the air conditioner until the switch is manually reset. This prevents continuing damage in cases where the overflow water drains out of the pan, onto the surrounding ceiling.
- Push to Test
- The push to test button on Wet Switch gives the installer a quick, easy way to test the wiring on their installation. Giving you the confidence the switch will work as designed, when needed.