AccuTrak VPE-GN PRO Gooseneck Ultrasonic Leak Detector Kit with Noise Canceling Headphones
Find the Kit for you with the table below
Superior Signal Company is proud to announce the latest version of our popular VPE-GN "GooseNeck" Ultrasonic Leak Detector. Featuring ALL-NEW internal circuitry, the improved AccuTrak VPE-GN stands out above all other ultrasonic instruments in its class. With even greater sensitivity and a number of new features unique to the VPE-GN, no competitive ultrasonic leak detectors even come close.
The Patented Superior AccuTrak VPE-GN "Gooseneck" Ultrasonic Leak Detector is a state-of-the-art non-invasive ultrasonic leak detector that can detect both pressure and vacuum leaks of ANY GAS. The AccuTrak VPE-GN is ideal for pinpointing leaks in air conditioning, refrigeration, automotive and other systems. The new 9½” flexible Gooseneck provides better detection capabilities in hard-to-reach places. AccuTrak Ultrasonic Leak Detectors are extremely sensitive to the ultrasonic sound of a turbulent gas leak. Using the latest "heterodyning" technology they translate ultrasound to a lower frequency which your ear can interpret. The VPE-GN Ultrasonic Leak Detector maintains the original sound characteristics making it possible to distinguish leaks from other competing background sounds. AccuTrak Instruments are so sensitive you can actually hear the blink of an eye, yet most background noise will not interfere with detection accuracy. Like all Superior AccuTrak Leak Detectors, the VPE-GN easily detects leaks of ANY gas or refrigerant, compressed air, and even vacuum leaks.
Applications & Features:
- Gas Leak Detection: Air, Refrigerant, Vacuum, ANY GAS!
- Gooseneck Configuration: allows operator to get accurate readings in hard to reach places.
- Audio Output: 0 Hz to 4 kHz natural sound conversion allows you to hear the leak, and distinguish leaks from mechanical or other background ultrasound.
- Visual Output: 10 element bar graph provides quick and intuitive visual indication to presence of and relative strength of ultrasound.
- Adjustable Sensitivity: allows operator to quickly identify leaks from a distance, and then zero in on the exact location of the leak.
NEW! 3rd Generation VPE-GN Features
- 20% Greater Sensitivity – our all-new 3rd generation digital circuitry is clearer and quieter, allowing you to detect smaller leaks and faults faster than ever before. The VPE-GN already had the best sensitivity in the industry – and now it’s even better.
- Peak Hold Display – the new Peak Hold function on the display allows you to find leaks and faults faster and better, so you get the job done quicker and easier. This great feature can be found on instruments costing several times more – but it is unique for this class of instrument.
- Over Range Audio Alarm – this unique new feature allows you to keep your eyes on what you are measuring rather than on your instrument display, and still know that you have exceeded the range setting and need to adjust the sensitivity for optimum performance. Again, this gets your job done quicker, easier, and safer.
- Improved Battery Life – up to 200 hours of operation on a single standard 9-Volt battery.
- More Rugged Designd Design – internal components have been redesigned to make the leak detector more shock resistant, resulting in an even more reliable design.
VPE-GN Ultrasonic Leak Detector Capabilities
- Capable of detecting a 5 psi leak out of a 0.005" (5/1000 inch) hole, 20 to 30 feet away depending on background noise.
- Easily detects any gas that generates ultrasonic sound during flow – including vacuum leaks.
- Capable of detecting leaks equivalent to 1.5 oz/year of Refrigerant.
- Works equally well for compressed air or nitrogen.
- Not affected by wind or high concentrations of leaked gas or refrigerant.
Advantages versus Sniffers
- AccuTrak VPE-GN is a much more accurate and reliable instrument for detecting single and multiple leaks.
- AccuTrak VPE-GN can detect any type of refrigerant gas including nitrogen.
- AccuTrak VPE-GN detects both vacuum and pressure leaks.
- AccuTrak VPE-GN is effective in gas saturated areas and under windy conditions.
- AccuTrak VPE-GN does not require the introduction of tracer gases into the system, which can be ozone depleting when vented, and can also be harmful to ones health.
- AccuTrak VPE-GN is battery powered for cordless operation
VPE-GN Versus Other Ultrasonic Leak Detectors
- AccuTrak VPE-GN is #1 in technology. We wrote the book on ultrasonic leak detection, our patented instruments lead the industry!
- AccuTrak VPE-GN is the original! it is not a copy.
- AccuTrak VPE-GN is the most durable unit available, with the best warranty. The face of the unit is sealed with no pin holes/speakers for foreign objects to enter.
- AccuTrak VPE-GN has more dynamic range, and wont overload in loud areas.
- AccuTrak VPE-GN gives true audio sound reproduction instead of the "beeps and squeals" of other instruments.
Kits for Every Application Whether you only need the basic functions of the VPE-GN or you plan to take full advantage of the instrument's diverse capabilities, we have a kit that will meet your needs! Use the comparison table below to go directly to the kit that best suits you.
|VPE-GN Leak Detector Kits ||Standard ||Professional ||Plus ||Pro-Plus |
|Product Page ||VPE-GN ||VPE-GN PRO ||VPE-GN PLUS ||VPE-GN PRO-PLUS |
|Price ||$620 ||$720 ||$840 ||$945 |
|VPE-GN Leak Detector ||X ||X ||X ||X |
|Battery ||X ||X ||X ||X |
|Basic Headset ||X || ||X || |
|Noise Blocking Headphones || ||X || ||X |
|Hard Case ||X || ||X || |
|Large Hard Case || ||X || ||X |
|Touch Probe || || || || |
|Waveguide ||X ||X ||X ||X |
|Canvas Belt Pack || ||X ||X ||X |
|Sound Generator || || ||X ||X |